Senior Product Designer
Sketchy is a revolutionary visual learning platform. We turn complex subjects into engaging visual stories that you’ll remember—forever. Through a combination of art, science, and technology, our lessons help students effortlessly learn and recall information and score higher on exams. The short version? We’re like your favorite cartoon, only more quirky.
All are welcome! At Sketchy, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our product better but our workplace better. Making Sketchy warmer and more inviting for everyone is at the core of our company's culture
Sketchy is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Product team! This person will report directly to our Chief Product Officer and play a key role in transforming our current product and defining future product direction.
Sketchy is hiring remote employees in these select US states: California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Washington! Don’t see your state? No worries! Sketchy is always on the lookout for the best talent out there—wherever there is!
- Help define Sketchy’s high-level user experience, focusing on the end-to-end student journey
- Lead user research alongside Product Managers and Marketing to understand students’ problems and motivations to develop our product strategy
- Explore product ideas through prototyping, while remaining open-minded and flexible if they don’t meet our bar or our goals
- Transform qualitative and quantitative insights into user experience flow, and partner with Engineering to create implementation-ready designs
- Work with Product Managers to create the foundation of Sketchy’s design culture from ideation to production, ensuring our product serves the needs of students, cross-functional partners, and the growth of the business
- Help recruit and identify new talent to add to our growing team
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years’ design experience in consumer software, digital learning, or education technology
- Preferred experience working in early-stage startups
- While you have your design specialties, you love operating across the gamut, and are ready to dive into everything from UX flows and wireframing to detailed visual design
- Track record of demonstrating great judgment of when to ship: “Perfect is the enemy of good”
- Led efforts to define initial designs going from “zero to one,” including design patterns, style guides, and UI libraries that were leveraged by engineering, product, and other designers.
If you don’t have 100% of the bullets listed above, that’s okay! We know there are no perfect applicants. If you are passionate about making a meaningful difference, we want to hear from you! Learn more about Sketchy’s culture at sketchy.com/careers.
Who you will work closely with
- Remote First - Make a difference from wherever you want to work.
- Flexible Time Off - We work smarter, not harder. No accruals, just real work-life balance.
- 100% Individual Health Coverage - We got you covered!
- Equity - From day one, you’ll have a stake in our future growth.
- 401(k) - We support your financial future with up to 4% matching.
- Team Events - Get to know the team with virtual events, monthly outings, company retreats, and more.
- Annual Work Anniversary Stipend
- Monthly Wifi & Phone Reimbursement
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
Sketchy Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.