Medical Question Writer - Clinical (Contractor)
Sketchy is a revolutionary visual learning platform. We turn complex subjects into engaging visual stories that you’ll remember forever. Through a combination of art, science, and technology, our lessons help students effortlessly learn and recall information and score higher on exams.
Sketchy is used by students at every medical school in America.
90% of Sketchy medical students report higher test scores.
94% of users say studying with Sketchy saves time.
78% of users say Sketchy improves their recall speed.
300,000 students are now doctors thanks to Sketchy.
Sketchy was founded in 2013 when four medical students began creating sketched stories to help them memorize complicated viruses. Since then, Sketchy has applied the same visual learning techniques to a variety of subjects, and become a premier learning destination for students around the world.
Sketchy is a TCG (The Chernin Group) portfolio company (alongside notable brands like Headspace, Food52, Barstool Sports, and Crunchyroll) and a Reach Capital portfolio company (joining other start-ups that bring a playfulness to learning).
We are looking for dynamic, creative clinical science educators to help us expand our pool of technology-enhanced, interactive assessment items. As an Assessment Item Writer, you’ll work as part of our Medical Content Team, producing high-quality question items to accompany our clinical science courses and enhance the learning experience for medical students. This independent contractor role provides a unique opportunity to join a team of passionate and dedicated content creators and make a positive impact on the education of future healthcare providers.
You enjoy problem solving and the sheer satisfaction that comes with figuring out a difficult puzzle of all types and varieties. “Learning for the sake of learning” is one of your life’s mottos as you constantly push yourself to expand and improve your knowledge, skills, and abilities. You are delighted to share your knowledge with others and help them achieve that “lightbulb moment” when a complicated and difficult concept has finally “clicked.”
- Write original multiple choice format assessment items with comprehensive explanations for SketchyMedical’s Clinical Quiz item pool
- Review and update content with attention to style, accuracy, clarity, consistency, educational value, and overall adherence to principles of good question item construction
- Revise written items based on feedback received from our editors and subject matter experts
- Write, self-edit, and submit for review a minimum of five (5) high-quality assessment items per week
- MD or DO degree required
- Proven expertise in Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Surgery, Neurology, or a related clinical specialty; Board Certification in your specialty preferred
- Active full and unrestricted medical license in good standing from any U.S. state/territory/district
- 1+ years experience in teaching or education of pre-clinical and/or clinical sciences
- 1+ years experience in academic writing and/or educational research in pre-clinical and/or clinical sciences
- 1+ years experience writing pre-clinical and or sciences assessment items
- High performance on the USMLE® Step examinations preferred
- Strong knowledge in one or more of the following clinical specialties: Obstetrics & Gynecology, Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Neurology
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic sciences with attention to normal physiology and underlying pathophysiology of disease processes
- Ability to teach complex basic science medical concepts to different audiences
- Exceptional writing, editorial, and research skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Must demonstrate acute attention to detail and effective problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with the ability to produce high-quality work on tight deadlines
- Ability to learn new techniques, skills, and tools on the job
- Ability to work remotely in a collaborative team environment, while maintaining communication and a steady workflow
- Ability to receive and respond positively to feedback
- Must work well independently and be able to adapt to unexpected shifts in priorities
If interested, please send us your resume and a cover letter to tell us why you’re the right fit for us and vice versa. Please indicate in your application or cover letter your USMLE® Step Examination scores. We look forward to meeting you!
SketchyGroup LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.