Enterprise Account Executive
Sketchy is a revolutionary visual learning platform. We turn complex subjects into engaging visual stories that you’ll remember forever. Through a combination of art, science, and technology, our lessons help students effortlessly learn and recall information and score higher on exams.
Sketchy is used by students at every medical school in America.
90% of Sketchy medical students report higher test scores.
94% of users say studying with Sketchy saves time.
78% of users say Sketchy improves their recall speed.
300,000 students are now doctors thanks to Sketchy.
Sketchy was founded in 2013 when four medical students began creating sketched stories to help them memorize complicated viruses. Since then, Sketchy has applied the same visual learning techniques to a variety of subjects, and become a premiere learning destination for students around the world.
Sketchy is a TCG (The Chernin Group) portfolio company (alongside notable brands like Headspace, Food52, Barstool Sports, and Crunchyroll) and a Reach Capital portfolio company (joining other start-ups that bring a playfulness to learning).
About the Role:
Sketchy is looking for a self-motivated, energetic individual to join our growing Enterprise Sales team as an Enterprise Account Executive (AE). The AE role’s primary focus is to capture new business, build sustainable client relationships, and generate revenue. The Account Executive is directly responsible for achieving sales quota and will work closely with sales leadership and the lead generation team to develop strategic account plans and achieve annual sales goals. As part of the team at Sketchy, the AE will nurture ongoing relationships with top-tier medical schools and undergraduate institutions worldwide. This role involves promoting Sketchy’s learning solutions, seeking and developing new business outside of Sketchy’s existing customer base, and driving competitive sales opportunities. As a company that values inclusion, Sketchy encourages individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Note: While you will always have a seat to work from at our Los Angeles headquarters, our transition to a remote-first company will allow you to work from the location of your choice in select states across the country. As travel and working conditions return back to normal, we will find opportunities to increasingly meet and collaborate in person.
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, and Washington, D.C.
- Develop and lead large-scale sales opportunities through entire sales cycle and work with the client and internal stakeholders to close the deal
- Collaborate with sales leadership to develop and implement national account plans and achieve annual sales quota
- Navigate and anticipate procurement obstacles to accelerate time to Closed Won stage
- Pursue expansion of new services and product opportunities from key accounts (new and assigned)
- Attend annual conferences to network with key decision makers and secure opportunities for new revenue
- Lead presentations, demos, and meetings with the purpose of winning new business
- Collaborate with Customer Success and other internal teams to ensure excellent customer service and client retention
- Develop and maintain relationships at all levels of client and prospective client organizations
- Ability to accurately forecast sales pipeline progress each month
- 5+ years of sales experience, ideally in educational technology and B2B focused sales organizations with proven track record of success
- Strong negotiation and listening skills. Must have credibility, technical knowledge, and confidence necessary to give high-quality input and presentations
- Ability to command a room and win the support of key decision makers
- Previous experience with CRM and sales-engagement tools (preferably Hubspot)
- Ambitious / Self-motivated / Goal-oriented
- Passionate about learning and making a positive impact on the world
- A team player and collaborator with excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree and tech savvy
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Innovative, high growth, and collaborative culture
- Flexible PTO package
- Fun team events (Monthly and virtual for now)
- Great Benefits including Medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more
Sketchy Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.