Studio Project Manager - Content
Sketchy is a visual learning platform for students & professionals to effortlessly learn and recall information through art, storytelling, and spaced repetition. The company was born when four medical students began creating sketched stories to distinguish and memorize similarly named viruses, and they realized that the same learning methodologies could be used across a variety of subjects.
Since its inception in 2013, Sketchy has become the premier learning destination for medical students around the world. It’s used by 1 in 2 medical students in the United States, has an alumni base of over 300,000 students, and helps students answer questions 77% faster than conventional teaching.
Sketchy is a TCG (The Chernin Group) portfolio company (joining other companies such as Headspace, Food52, Barstool Sports, and Crunchyroll) and a Reach Capital portfolio company (joining other start-up companies that bring a playfulness to learning).
About the Role
Sketchy is seeking a Studio Project Manager to join our Creative team and help us make the most fun and memorable visual learning product known to humankind.
To be successful in this role, you will be a very strong manager with the skill to manage the micro-level day-to-day operations of content production. You’ll also need the ability to coach others on using the tools you work with, since our team is mostly composed of people like doctors and artists who are not innately good at project management. Most importantly, you’ll feel strongly about helping to develop processes and systems that enable others to do their best work without getting in their way. If you’ve ever wanted to be on the team that makes everybody else say “why do they get to have all the fun?” and “is that alien… also a bear?” then this is a good spot for you.
This role will report to the Creative Director.
Working at Sketchy
We are headquartered in Los Angeles but have teammates that collaborate remotely from cities across the United States. As travel and working conditions return back to “normal”, we will find opportunities to increasingly meet and collaborate in person. While you will always have a seat to work from at our Los Angeles HQ, our transition to a remote-first company will allow you to work from the location of your choice in select states across the country.
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, and Washington, D.C.
- Assist creative and content operations leadership in the development of durable, elegant workflows that enable the production of incredible lessons
- Provide project management for the story and art creation process to make sure high-quality content is delivered to students on schedule.
- Utilize and demonstrate expertise with third-party tools (e.g., Jira, Airtable, and other database software/spreadsheets/trackers) to facilitate smooth content delivery and transparency of process
- Provide clear and accurate reporting of the progress of content creation within the production pipeline
- Support creative and operations leadership in identifying and onboarding the necessary resources in order to complete all production tasks
- Solve problems and clear blockers that arise throughout the production process
- 2+ years experience as a project manager, managing editor, or production manager in the development and production of video, learning, or multi-media content
- Extremely process-oriented and able to continuously identify opportunities for process improvements to become increasingly efficient and cost-effective
- Highly organized manager with strong administrative skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to track work against multiple priorities and manage a complex production schedule
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Ability to learn new techniques, skills, and tools on the job
- Comfort and mastery with collaboration in a remote-workforce environment
- Eager attitude for working with cool people to make awesome new things
- BA or similar degree in a relevant field
- Certification in project management systems (e.g., PMP) and copyediting preferred, but not required
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plan
- Innovative, high growth and collaborative culture
- Flexible PTO package
- Fun team events (Monthly and virtual for now)
- Great Benefits including: Medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
Sketchy Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.