Sketchy is a revolutionary visual learning platform. We turn complex subjects into engaging visual stories that you’ll remember forever. Through a combination of art, science, and technology, our lessons help students effortlessly learn and recall information and score higher on exams.
Sketchy is used by students at every medical school in America.
90% of Sketchy medical students report higher test scores.
94% of users say studying with Sketchy saves time.
78% of users say Sketchy improves their recall speed.
300,000 students are now doctors thanks to Sketchy.
Sketchy was founded in 2013 when four medical students began creating sketched stories to help them memorize complicated viruses. Since then, Sketchy has applied the same visual learning techniques to a variety of subjects, and become a premiere learning destination for students around the world.
Sketchy is a TCG (The Chernin Group) portfolio company (alongside notable brands like Headspace, Food52, Barstool Sports, and Crunchyroll) and a Reach Capital portfolio company (joining other start-ups that bring a playfulness to learning).
We’re looking for an artist who is absurdly creative to help us build the Sketchy universe! You will work with a great team to craft sketches that are at the heart of our teaching method, in a process that’s been described as “a black box of mysterious energy” and “top 3 most fun experiences of my life.” Intrigued? Send us your portfolio!
- Sketch creation - collaborate with creative team on image ideation and development
- Draw sketches using knowledge of perspective, color theory, lighting, layout, character design
- Work collaboratively with Content Managers to refine art and perform requisite edits to ensure medical concepts are accurately portrayed in a memorable and extraordinary style
- Ensure drawings meet production requirements
- Goal turnaround time of one week from initial assignment
- Applicant must provide an online portfolio for consideration
- Portfolio that exhibits a unique and creative range of artistic skill
- 3+ years of experience as an Artist
- 2 or more years of experience using Photoshop and other creation tools
- Flexibility to commit for an ongoing basis (approximately 10 hours a week)
SketchyGroup LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.