Subject Matter Expert - Physics (Contractor)
Sketchy is a visual learning platform for students & professionals to effortlessly learn and recall information through art, storytelling and spaced repetition. The company was born when four medical students began creating sketched stories to distinguish and memorize similarly named viruses, and they realized that the same learning methodologies could be used across a variety of subjects.
Since its inception in 2013, Sketchy has become the premiere learning destination for medical students around the world. It’s used by 1 in 2 medical students in the United States, has an alumni base of over 300,000 students and helps students answer questions 77% faster than conventional teaching.
Sketchy is a TCG (The Chernin Group) portfolio company (joining other companies such as Headspace, Food52, Barstool Sports and Crunchyroll) and a Reach Capital portfolio company (joining other start-up companies that bring a playfulness to learning).
About the Role
We are looking for a Subject Matter Experts/Faculty Author to join a team building the next generation of digital learning. We are seeking a world-class faculty author to lead in the curricular design for new visual learning courses that will be used to educate future physicians around the world.
- Create lessons and assessment items that focus on skills and content that undergraduate science students need to know
- Identify high-yield and must-know concepts and contribute original perspectives on the material (option to hire subcontractors to help with writing)
- Work with our Creative and Production teams to create stories, art, and final videos in the Sketchy style
- Ensure appropriate scope and scientific accuracy of the lessons and provide final edits and approval
- Ensure that content avoids contributing to bias and discrimination
- 4 years of experience teaching college-level basic sciences.
- Preferred background in one or more of the following:
- Organic Chemistry
Sketchy Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.