Manager, Social Media and Partnerships
Sketchy is a visual learning platform for students & professionals to effortlessly learn and recall information through art, storytelling, and spaced repetition. The company was born when four medical students began creating sketched stories to distinguish and memorize similarly named viruses, and they realized that the same learning methodologies could be used across a variety of subjects.
Since its inception in 2013, Sketchy has become the premier learning destination for medical students around the world. It’s used by 1 in 2 medical students in the United States, has an alumni base of over 300,000 students, and helps students answer questions 77% faster than conventional teaching.
Sketchy is a TCG (The Chernin Group) portfolio company (joining other companies such as Headspace, Food52, Barstool Sports, and Crunchyroll) and a Reach Capital portfolio company (joining other start-up companies that bring a playfulness to learning).
About the Role
Sketchy is looking for a Manager, Social Media & Partnerships to own community growth on its own platforms (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube) as well as broadening awareness of Sketchy through strategic influencer partnerships. In addition to growing Sketchy’s community and influencer network, you will also work closely with the Head of Marketing to maximize the conversion of new users into paying students. Moreover, you will work closely with Sketchy’s Senior Copywriter and Art Director to creatively present Sketchy’s unique voice, rich creative, and memorable characters to its audience. Sketchy’s community is its lifeblood, and the community is in your hands!
Working at Sketchy:
We are headquartered in Los Angeles and have teammates that collaborate remotely from cities across the United States. As travel and working conditions return back to “normal”, we will find opportunities to increasingly meet and collaborate in person. While you will always have a seat to work from at our Los Angeles HQ, our transition to a remote-first company will allow you to work from the location of your choice in select states across the country.
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, and Washington, D.C.
- Develop a holistic social media growth plan.
- Build and own a social media calendar.
- Be the point of contact inside Sketchy for all things social media, including the ownership of weekly meetings to ideate and develop an original content pipeline.
- Work with the Senior Copywriter and Art Director to produce social media content.
- Create a reporting framework that measures all key social media growth metrics (followers, engagements, engagement rate, conversions to paying students). Distribute key insights to stakeholders on a weekly basis.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to establish quarterly OKRs and own those goals.
- Be Sketchy’s talent agent! You will own all influencer relationships.
- Create an influencer onboarding strategy, managing the process from start to finish, including exploration of new talent, outreach, contract negotiation, and contract commitment management.
- Create and own an influencer calendar with key success metrics (new users, conversions, CAC)
- 3-5 years of community marketing experience with 2+ years of ownership growing social media channels.
- You’ve done it before and can show proof of successfully developing and managing holistic off-platform community growth. You’ve taken a community from 0-100!
- Highly proficient in social media tools and will own implementation and management of all tools used to grow Sketchy's community.
- Extensive experience with all major social media platforms. 100% up to date on best practices.
- A people person! You love making new connections and building relationships.
- You are creative to a fault and love to prove how on top of cultural trends you are with your friends and family.
- You are able to dig into data and extract actionable insights, and you will develop and own all reporting related to your efforts.
- Proficiency in Google Suite.
- A self-starter with forensic attention to detail.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and working across multiple projects simultaneously.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Innovative, high growth, and collaborative culture
- Flexible PTO package with a floating holiday
- Fun team events (Monthly and virtual for now)
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more
Sketchy Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.