Business Development Representative
Sketchy is a visual learning platform for students & professionals to effortlessly learn and recall information through art, storytelling and spaced repetition. The company was born when four medical students began creating sketched stories to distinguish and memorize similarly named viruses, and they realized that the same learning methodologies could be used across a variety of subjects.
Since its inception in 2013, Sketchy has become the premiere learning destination for medical students around the world. It’s used by 1 in 2 medical students in the United States, has an alumni base of over 300,000 students and helps students answer questions 77% faster than conventional teaching.
Sketchy is a TCG (The Chernin Group) portfolio company (joining other companies such as Headspace, Food52, Barstool Sports and Crunchyroll) and a Reach Capital portfolio company (joining other start-up companies that bring a playfulness to learning).
About the Role
Sketchy is looking for a self-motivated, energetic individual to join our growing Enterprise Sales team as a Business Development Representative (BDR). The BDR role will build a robust pipeline of outbound administrators and faculty and nurture ongoing relationships with top-tier medical schools and undergraduate institutions worldwide. As a company that values inclusion, Sketchy seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for the position.
Note: While you will always have a seat to work from at our Los Angeles Headquarters, our transition to a remote-first company will allow you to work from the location of your choice in select states across the country. As travel and working conditions return back to “normal”, we will find opportunities to increasingly meet and collaborate in person.
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, and Washington, D.C.
- Perform daily outbound activities (lead generation, sales engagement) on prospective Enterprise accounts using a combination of email, phone, social and direct mail (which you can help craft!)
- Qualify and schedule calls and demos on behalf of our Sales team as well as respond to inbound inquiries
- Understand our platform, value propositions and the competitive landscape in order to answer questions and counter rebuttals intelligently
- Manage and optimize a pipeline and tasks with our CRM (Hubspot) and provide feedback to improve internal processes
- Identify a comprehensive and exhaustive list of potential enterprise clients
- Curate and report on feedback and insights for future product development in conjunction with Customer Success
- 1-3 years sales experience ideally in B2B/enterprise-focused sales organization
- A team player and collaborator with excellent communication skills
- Ability to win the support of key decision makers
- Previous experience with CRM and sales-engagement tools (preferably Hubspot)
- Ambitious / Self-motivated / Goal oriented
- Passionate about learning and making a positive impact on the world
- A Team player and excellent communicator (great at listening, not only speaking)
- Bachelor’s degree and tech savvy
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Innovative, high growth and collaborative culture
- Generous PTO package with floating holidays
- Fun team events (Monthly and virtual for now)
- Great Benefits including: Medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more
Sketchy Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.