Senior Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Sketchy is a visual learning platform for students & professionals to effortlessly learn and recall information through art, storytelling and spaced repetition. The company was born when four medical students began creating sketched stories to distinguish and memorize similarly named viruses, and they realized that the same learning methodologies could be used across a variety of subjects.
Since its inception in 2013, Sketchy has become the premiere learning destination for medical students around the world. It’s used by 1 in 2 medical students in the United States, has an alumni base of over 300,000 students and helps students answer questions 77% faster than conventional teaching.
Sketchy is a TCG (The Chernin Group) portfolio company (joining other companies such as Headspace, Food52, Barstool Sports and Crunchyroll) and a Reach Capital portfolio company (joining other start-up companies that bring a playfulness to learning).
About the Role:
Sketchy is looking for a Senior Lifecycle Marketing Manager to develop, execute, and maintain our customer journey experience with a principal focus on owning a world-class email marketing program. You will build an email best practice strategy for the company from which all future email campaigns will be held to account. You will be responsible for determining the KPIs of Sketchy’s lifecycle efforts, and measuring and reporting to leadership. Data will be your north star and drive your decision-making; we approach everything from a quantifiable framework. You will report and work closely with the Head of Marketing, and you will collaborate closely with leads on product, design, and audience development. For the right person, this is an exciting opportunity to grow into a leadership role at a next-generation platform of education technology. Come make learning unforgettable and fun!
Working at Sketchy
We are headquartered in Los Angeles but have teammates that collaborate remotely from cities across the United States. As travel and working conditions return back to “normal”, we will find opportunities to increasingly meet and collaborate in person. While you will always have a seat to work from at our Los Angeles HQ, our transition to a remote-first company will allow you to work from the location of your choice in select states across the country
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, and Washington, D.C.
- Develop a holistic lifecycle marketing strategy that drives engagement, conversion, and retention. Implement, manage, and refine this strategy across the user journey.
- Manage campaign launches (calendar, segmentation, approval, QA and testing, deployment)
- Rebuild Sketchy’s email designs from the ground up, working in tandem with the Art Director (Marketing) and the Head of Marketing.
- Create and distribute weekly reporting for Lifecycle and performance marketing efforts to leadership.
- Build and maintain a healthy and engaged subscriber list
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering to determine upgrades and/or new tools that will improve Sketchy’s ability to acquire and retain customers.
- Presenting to key business stakeholders.
- Own all marketing landing page strategy and execution.
- Ensure all attribution is accurate and reported on with respect to email journeys and landing pages.
- 5+ years relevant professional experience, with a strong background in customer acquisition and retention within a digital/subscription business.
- 4+ years of lifecycle/CRM Marketing (email, push, in-app) experience
- Demonstrated success running multi-channel, full-funnel campaigns across search, social, and offline channels.
- Deep knowledge of and expertise in marketing tools (e.g. HubSpot, Braze, SalesForce). Expertise in HubSpot is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of the entire email ecosystem and best practices, including responsive HTML emails, templates and landing pages.
- Equally capable of short-term growth hacking and long-term customer LTV optimization.
- You are able to dig into data and extract actionable insights. You will develop and own all reporting related to your efforts.
- Attribution is your best friend. You understand the importance of tracking users throughout the funnel and can implement best practices to do so.
- Proficiency in Google Suite. Familiarity with Photoshop is a plus.
- On top of emerging platforms and trends in the digital space
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and working across multiple projects simultaneously.
BA in marketing or related field. MBA is a bonus but not required. Experience and a proven track record are most desirable.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Innovative, high growth and collaborative culture
- Generous PTO package with floating holidays
- Fun team events (Monthly and virtual for now)
- Great Benefits including: Medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more
Sketchy Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.