Content Developer - Medical (Remote)
Sketchy is an online visual learning platform that helps students effortlessly learn and recall information through a blend of art, story, spaced repetition and memory palace techniques. Sketchy was born when four medical students began creating sketched stories to distinguish and memorize similarly named viruses, as they realized that the same learning methodologies can be used across a variety of subjects.
Since its inception in 2013, Sketchy has become the premiere learning destination for Medical School students around the world, currently serving over 30,000 active users (or a third of the total 89,000 medical students in the United States) and an alumni base of 100,000+ students. Sketchy is creating the most engaging and effective educational service for students of higher education everywhere by combining visual storytelling with interactive learning tools that together dramatically enhance recall and knowledge acquisition.
Sketchy is a TCG (The Chernin Group) portfolio company (joining other companies such as Headspace, Surfline Food52 and Crunchyroll) and a Reach Capital portfolio company (joining other start-up companies that bring a playfulness to learning.)
Position Summary: The Content Developer is a subject matter expert who helps create Clinical and Pre-Clinical educational content.
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: Texas, California, New York, Hawaii, Illinois, Colorado, Massachusetts, Washington and Washington, D.C.
- Learn and execute the steps of content creation, including outlining, scripting, and review of instructional assets and authoring & editing of assessment items
- Ensure accuracy of instructional & assessment materials
- Ensure that content avoids contributing to bias and discrimination and that it incorporates anti-racism and gender equity education to promote health equity
- Collaborate with other teams, such as art, technology, and video production to drive assets and products to completion
- Advocate for student needs, based on customer knowledge gained through personal experience and user research
- Adjust content and operations in response to metrics and user feedback
- Ad-hoc projects
- Exceptional writing, editorial, and research skills
- An understanding of critical race theory and of gender as a spectrum and the ability to integrate this knowledge into lessons when applicable
- Ability to learn new techniques, skills, and tools on the job
- Comfort with collaboration in a remote-workforce environment
- Sense of humor and passion for working with cool people to make awesome new things
Preferred but not required:
- Fellowship in or other in-depth study of medical education pedagogy
- Experience in creative content production (e.g. digital platforms, e-learning, instructional design)
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Innovative, high growth and collaborative culture
- Generous PTO package with floating holidays
- Fun team events (Monthly and virtual for now)
- Great Benefits including: Medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
SketchyGroup LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.