Subject Matter Expert - Physician Assistant (Contractor)
Sketchy is an online visual learning platform that helps students effortlessly learn and recall information through a blend of art, story, spaced repetition and memory palace techniques. Sketchy was born when four medical students began creating sketched stories to distinguish and memorize similarly named viruses, as they realized that the same learning methodologies can be used across a variety of subjects.
Since its inception in 2013, Sketchy has become the premiere learning destination for Medical School students around the world, currently serving over 30,000 active users (or a third of the total 89,000 medical students in the United States) and an alumni base of 100,000+ students. Sketchy is creating the most engaging and effective educational service for students of higher education everywhere by combining visual storytelling with interactive learning tools that together dramatically enhance recall and knowledge acquisition.
Sketchy is a TCG (The Chernin Group) portfolio company (joining other companies such as Headspace, Surfline Food52 and Crunchyroll) and a Reach Capital portfolio company (joining other start-up companies that bring a playfulness to learning.)
We are looking for a dynamic, creative medical educator for the role of Subject Matter Expert – Physician Assistant (PA) to join a team building the next generation of a growing online education platform. We are looking for a Medical Content Advisor with subject matter expertise in clinical medicine (internal medicine, emergency medicine, surgery, obstetrics/gynecology, pediatrics, behavioral medicine). Accreditation and deep experience in graduate education (including experience with e-learning tools) is preferred, but what we want most of all is someone who is ready to push for excellent, genuinely innovative resources and perspectives on this material. This is a independent contractor role provides a unique opportunity to join a team of passionate and dedicated content creators and make a positive impact on the education of future healthcare providers.
- Provide subject matter expertise for National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) blueprint topic areas in alignment with Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) standards
- Address implications of social medicine as it relates to the medical subject matter.
- Write high-quality assessment items with explanations for Physician Assistant National Certification Exam (PANCE) Q-Bank
- Review and update content with attention to style, accuracy, consistency, educational value, and overall adherence to principles of question item construction
- Collaborate with our art and production teams to create images highlighting medical concepts.
- Learn and execute the steps of content creation, including outlining, scripting, and review of instructional assets and authoring & editing of practice items
- Ensure accuracy of instructional & assessment materials
- Write, self-edit, and submit for review
- Teaching clinical medicine in a PA Program preferred. Interacting directly with learners and/or creating instructional materials or curricula
- Strong knowledge in clinical medicine (internal medicine, emergency medicine, surgery, obstetrics/gynecology, pediatrics, behavioral medicine)
- Prior experience writing assessment items at the graduate level with PANCE experience preferred.
- Ability to teach complex medical concepts in a succinct and organized manner
- Exceptional writing, editorial, and clinical skills
- Eager attitude for working with cool people to make awesome new things
- PA-C, M.D., D.O., PhD (current medical licensure and board certification)
SketchyGroup LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.