Senior Software Engineer - Frontend (Remote)
Sketchy is an online visual learning platform that helps students effortlessly learn and recall information through a blend of art, story, spaced repetition and memory palace techniques. Sketchy was born when four medical students began creating sketched stories to distinguish and memorize similarly named viruses, as they realized that the same learning methodologies can be used across a variety of subjects.
Since its inception in 2013, Sketchy has become the premiere learning destination for Medical School students around the world, currently serving over 30,000 active users (or a third of the total 89,000 medical students in the United States) and an alumni base of 100,000+ students. Sketchy is creating the most engaging and effective educational service for students of higher education everywhere by combining visual storytelling with interactive learning tools that together dramatically enhance recall and knowledge acquisition.
Sketchy is a TCG (The Chernin Group) portfolio company (joining other companies such as Headspace, Surfline Food52 and Crunchyroll) and a Reach Capital portfolio company (joining other start-up companies that bring a playfulness to learning.)
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a very strong understanding of front-end development. The Technical Lead will have shown that they are capable of creating a framework/solution that yields to an expansive and feature-rich web application.
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: Texas, California, New York, Hawaii, Illinois, Colorado, Massachusetts, Washington and Washington, D.C.
- Design components and applications according to business requirements
- Define, advocate, and implement best practices and coding standards of the team
- Promote a collaborative work environment, and keep on asking for code review and feedback from the team
- Enable the team to perform tests and integration tests for the entire system in a reliable, secure, and productive way
- Construct a growing ecosystem of web applications
- Develop application frameworks that will be employed throughout the codebase
- Determine and document the software specifications to detail the functionality of the project
- Analyze requirements and define project tasks for the team
- Oversee development deliverables to ensure quality
- Generate detailed reports with accomplished, planned, and blocked tasks
- Must have at least 3 years experience with Angular, React, or related frameworks
- Experience with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with a variety of software architectures
- Experience with a variety of API architectures
- Be able to code and architect front-end solutions with multiple types or architecture
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Innovative, high growth and collaborative culture
- Generous PTO package with floating holiday
- Fun team events (Monthly and virtual for now)
- Great Benefits including: Medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
SketchyGroup LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.